Amber Carver, M.A. – Head Coach for The Smart Weigh
As the New Year approaches, we often find ourselves making goals only to see them dissipate a few weeks later. In fact, Statistic Brain Research Company states that only 9.2% of people achieve New Year’s goals. What a shocking number! This led me to think about why goals often go by the wayside. We’ve all heard the research on how long it takes to create a habit and the idea that will power is a muscle, the more we use it the stronger it gets so what’s missing?
How to Focus on Your Goals Heading in to the New Year
I believe there are a few things that can be done to help keep us focused on our goals.
- Make small changes. Instead of deciding to change everything at once, start small. Want to keep a cleaner house? Instead of going in with a mindset and a weekly cleaning schedule to follow, start by washing your dinner dishes every night or making your bed each morning. Once that becomes a routine, add something else. When we make the decision to change everything at once, we put our brain in a state of overwhelm, and it becomes too hard to keep up with.
- Start fresh each day. I’m a firm believer that any day or really any moment is a great opportunity to start fresh, set a new goal, or make a change. If you miss a morning of making your bed, be sure to do it the next day or make it when you realize it. Don’t just throw in the towel. The “all or nothing” mentality gets us in trouble. We are giving ourselves permission to quit or to let an excuse make it okay.
- Find your why. If you don’t know why you want to make a change, you have nothing to keep you going. W. Clement Stone said “Definiteness of purpose is the starting point of all achievement.” I encourage all of my clients to determine their why before embarking on their lifestyle transformation.
- Have a coach. Great leaders and players in the world have coaches. They have someone helping them make the calls, pushing them, encouraging them, and training them. A coach can be a great resource to help you meet and exceed your goals. During a change, it can be hard to see the forest from the trees, a coach will help you see the bigger picture.
Here are two options to help you reach your goals:
#1: The Smart Weigh: Weight Loss and Tune-Up: January 2, 2019
This is the perfect opportunity for you to come find out what Ideal Protein is all about! Free of charge! RSVP by calling 757-271-0001 or click here to register on the event page!
The Workshop Features:
- Food Samples
- Body Fat Analysis Reading
- Ideal Protein Transformation Protocol Presentation by Dr. Coleman
#2: Hello New Year, Goodbye Sugar: January 12-24, 2019
Reset your sugar cravings with our Free 12-Day Sugar Challenge! This challenge will run online through Facebook January 12-24. Click here to RSVP to this event and receive an invitation to our challenge group with all of the details you need to be successful by January 7th!
If you found yourself indulging over the holidays in sugary treats then this challenge is for you! It’s the perfect reset to get your focus back on healthy foods to fuel your body.
You can also invite friends to join you in this challenge! Copy this link to our Facebook invitation and send it to your friends to register.
If you are looking at setting new health goals, ChiroSolutions Center and The Smart Weigh are offering different options to help you start out strong and be consistent in your journey to health. We help you make lifestyle changes to equate a lifestyle transformation, so that you are living your best life!
For more information about your options to start the new year strong, call our office and ask for Amber Carver (757) 271-0001, or you can email Amber.
Amber Carver is the Head Coach of The Smart Weigh. She holds a Master’s Degree in Counseling from Regent University and is a National Board Certified Counselor. Click here to find out more about Amber.
You have problems. We provide solutions.
ChiroSolutions Center, located in Town Center Virginia Beach, is a premier chiropractic center. We offer a wide range of services, including Chiropractic Care, Rehabilitation and Adjustments, Personal Training, Nutritional Guidance and Supplements, Weight Loss, BStrong4Life® and Silver Sneakers®.
ChiroSolutions Center provides the best chiropractic care to the people of Town Center Virginia Beach and the surrounding cities in Hampton Roads Virginia. We work with people of all ages and careers and with a variety of treatment options and goals.