How to Relieve Chronic Back Pain Naturally
Since up to 80% of the population can be affected by back pain in the United States, it is an issue we need to talk about.
Although in many cases the pain resolves on its own in a few days, if it lasts for 6 weeks or even more, it is called chronic back pain.
Many people experience chronic back pain in the area of their low back, middle back, or upper back.
Unfortunately, when the pain becomes chronic in these areas, it can cause serious health effects, such as mental health issues, loss of productivity and you may also notice a significant decrease in your quality of life.
Today, we will discuss the most common causes of chronic back pain and we will also help you find natural pain relief options for your pain.
The Most Common Causes of Chronic Back Pain
Dealing with chronic back pain can be extremely trying, especially when the causes of the pain are unknown.
This is because sometimes it is not so obvious what leads to back pain (for example, an injury) so it may take some time to pinpoint the root cause.
However, the most common causes of chronic back pain are the following:
- Poor posture
- Spine misalignment
- Lifestyle factors such as a primarily sedentary lifestyle and being overweight
- Flexibility issues in the spine or the surrounding joints such as the shoulders and hips
- Some kind of spine degeneration such as herniated discs, bulging discs, spinal stenosis, arthritis of the spine, or spinal cord compression
- Muscle strain secondary to poor biomechanics
- A wide range of injuries, for example, a fall, sports injury, or car accident
Any of the above-mentioned causes and underlying issues can initiate pain in the back and aggravate the symptoms of back pain until they become chronic.
How to Get Relief for Back Pain Naturally
If your back pain doesn’t resolve in a few days, or your symptoms continue to get worse, make sure to get medical attention.
The best way to do that is to schedule an appointment with a chiropractor.
They can identify the root issue and address it with holistic treatment options that are less invasive than most conventional medicine options.
Chiropractic care offers sustainable, long-lasting results for your back pain.
Chiropractors Virginia Beach use various treatment options to relieve your pain and get your life back on track:
- Pain relief: First of all, you will need some pain relief. Your chiropractor will recommend some pain-relieving modalities that fit your needs the best. These might include temperature therapy, light therapy, electrical nerve stimulation, ultrasound, or traction.
- Spine adjustments, posture training: Poor spine alignment can lead to disruption in your nerve flow and can also affect your quality of life by causing various health issues. Fortunately, a spine specialist can restore your spine alignment with adjustments and specific training that improves your posture.
- Lifestyle modifications: Your chiropractor may recommend regular exercise (including stretching, low impact exercises, and core exercises) as it is one of the best ways to treat back pain.
- Mindfulness: Chronic back pain is straining not only physically but mentally as well. Therefore, you may be referred to a specialist to improve your mental health and you may receive recommendations to practice mindfulness and meditation. This way, you will feel better and be less likely to focus on the pain.
Get Help From a CBP Certified Chiropractors
When it comes to dealing with chronic back pain, the best choice you can make is to find a chiropractor who is certified in Chiropractic BioPhysics (CBP).
These chiropractors can help you say goodbye to the pain with their evidence-based approach so that you can get back on your feet and feel your best as soon as possible.
Get in touch with a CBP provider in your area. If you live near Virginia Beach, VA, don’t hesitate to give ChiroSolutions Center a call. Dr. Samantha Coleman is certified in CBP care and ready to help you get the best possible outcomes.