The spine is one of the most essential parts of our bodies. Without it, we would not be able to function properly.
Therefore, it is very important to take care of our spines. Fortunately, there are many effective ways to maintain your spine’s optimal health holistically.
For example, it can be beneficial for your spine to exercise regularly, keep a healthy diet, maintain a healthy weight, improve your stress management skills, and pay attention to your posture.
Today, we will talk about exercise in detail.
Why Regular Exercise Is Good For Your Spine
We all know that exercise is part of a healthy lifestyle. But most of us are not aware of the great benefits of regular exercise for our spines. Here are a few of them:
- Flexibility: With regular exercise, our spines will stay flexible enough to participate in daily activities without having our muscles strained or causing imbalances.
- Improved core strength: Exercise supports the dynamic stability of the spine.
- Better posture: It can help to improve our posture as regular movement minimizes the pressure on our joints and nerves in the spine.
Plus, it keeps appropriate postural muscles strong and less prone to fatigue.
- Better mood and pain relief: During exercise our bodies release endorphins that will make us feel better and relieve our pain (if we have any).
- Improved health of essential tissues: Our essential tissues (ligaments, spinal cord, discs, nerve roots) will have improved health because of the increased circulation to the spine.
Sometimes The Help of a Health Professional May Be Necessary
As you can see from the list above, exercise has amazing health benefits for our spines.
However, many people don’t lead an active lifestyle. Most often they say that they have no time or motivation to exercise regularly.
Or they are either too tired or have some kind of pain which makes it for them difficult to hit the gym or go for a run.
Although in some cases these excuses may be acceptable, most of the time these issues would be easily resolved with a little consistency and guidance.
If you have difficulties with staying productive, you feel constantly tired, or you have pain, it may be a good idea to schedule a consultation with a spine health professional like a chiropractor.
How a CBP Practitioner Can Help
A little guidance from a chiropractor could help you a lot to make you feel your best by improving your spine health.
A Chiropractic BioPhysics (CBP) certified chiropractor is the top expert in assessing your spine health and taking the necessary steps to restore your spine alignment if any spine issues are detected.
These health professionals can also give you advice on how to get started with exercising in a way that won’t cause you pain so you can stay motivated. Dr. Samantha Coleman at the ChiroSolutions Center in Virginia Beach, VA offers treatment methods to optimize your body functions with her expertise in CBP. Get in touch with her clinic today and schedule an appointment.