Nowadays, you’ve probably heard a lot of buzz around the benefits of chiropractic care. However, the holistic approach of chiropractic care is not a new invention.
Treatment methods that approach health problems holistically have been around for centuries, helping people all around the world to feel their very best.
Since chiropractic care focuses mainly on promoting proper alignment and balance within the body to enhance the patient’s overall health, those people who are used to more conventional treatment methods can be perceived as unconventional.
They may even be skeptical about the effectiveness of chiropractic treatments.
Today, we will take a closer look at what the research says about chiropractic treatments and how it can be beneficial for you.
Chiropractic Treatments for Pain Management
When it comes to chiropractic care, one of the main reasons why people seek treatment is because they are suffering from some kind of pain such as headaches, neck pain, back pain, or hip pain.
Chiropractic treatments have been shown to be effective concerning pain management.
Below you can find a few studies that show why it may be a good idea to see a chiropractor for common pain complaints.
- According to a study presented in BMJ Open 2019, seeing a conservative health professional like a chiropractor can reduce the odds of both short-term and long-term opioid use by more than 90% in the case of low back pain.
- Spine adjustments are considered an effective treatment option for treating pain issues like headaches, neck pain, and back pain (cited by Mayo Clinic).
- The American College of Physicians (ACP) recommends initially seeking conservative, nonpharmacologic treatments (including chiropractic treatments) instead of pharmacologic treatments for low back pain. Pharmacologic, invasive treatment methods should be considered only when less invasive treatments are not effective enough.
Chiropractic Care Compared to Other Conventional Treatment Methods
Chiropractic care uses conservative, holistic treatment methods that have numerous benefits in addressing common health issues.
Treatment techniques can also decrease the need for other more invasive and costlier treatments such as injections, medications, or surgery.
To have an idea of what benefits you can gain from chiropractic care compared to other conventional treatment options, here are some research-backed benefits of chiropractic treatments:
- According to a study published in Spine 2015, patients were less likely to have a disability due to low back pain when getting treated by chiropractic treatment options, particularly manual-thrust manipulation, when compared to usual orthopedic medical care.
- Another study found in Spine 2012 demonstrates that in the case of those workers who saw a chiropractor as their first provider for their occupational back injuries, the need for undergoing surgery was significantly lower- with only 1.5% compared to those workers whose first provider were a surgeon (over 42%).
Find What Is Best for Your Situation
Based on scientific research, the holistic treatment techniques used by chiropractic care can bring great benefits for patients regarding common pain-related complaints and other health issues.
If you don’t have a chiropractor yet, it’s time to find a provider who can provide what is best for your situation.
A technique called Chiropractic BioPhysics (CBP) is one of the top-notch, evidence-based protocols that can help you heal faster, have fewer flare-ups, and improve your overall quality of life along with many other surprising health benefits.
Thus, consider finding a chiropractor specialized in CBP like Dr. Samantha Coleman at ChiroSolutions Center in Virginia Beach, VA.